This boggles my mind…
Scenario design projects taking months instead of weeks.
Why so slow?
Well, I’ve found three things that slow learning experience designers down to a snail’s pace:
One: They believe they have to learn all the content up front to be able to talk to a SME. (Wrong.)
Two: They think they need to know the LMS specifications, and mobile strategy. (Nope.)
Three: They think they need to know the visuals, fonts and software. *Facepalm*
Now, if you want to produce scenarios that are punchy, relevant and helpful, you have to go against the grain.
Forget about all that other stuff.
And focus on THE WORK that needs your attention.
(All that other stuff will leave you overworked and exhausted.)
So, what DO you need?
Well, as the late great Steve Jobs said:
“Simple can be harder than complex: You have to work hard to get your thinking clean to make it simple. But it’s worth it in the end because once you get there, you can move mountains.”
In this video, I simplify the scenario design process (it doesn’t have to be overwhelming) and give show you a couple frameworks to help you move mountains… In the learning industry 🙂
Check it out and let me know what you think in the comments?
Here’s what we cover:
1. The only three ingredients you need to start your scenario design and have forward momentum
2. The first thing you need to know to keep you laser focused
3. Why you need to think about your learning path
4. Who you need to talk to make your project a guaranteed success
5. All the busy work that you can finally throw away about and never think about again 🙂
6. Your two main tools that take care of 80% of the work.
7. What should be in your mind when you talk to your Subject Matter Expert
Check out the video and let me know what you think in the comments below?
To Your Success!